Artisanal products have a history – and they tell a story: the story of craftsmanship, which they originate. In the furniture and home accessories from lasfera traditional, regionally based craft techniques, modern European-oriented design and advanced technology come together with the idea of sustainability.
Handcrafted masterfully, the products are never completely identical to that of an industrial mass production. Every single product is therefore unique – and that’s what makes it a special quality, truly authentic.
Respect tradition, rethink design
Svenja and Henri Garbers are lasfera. Since 2012, the two founders have been living and working amongst a young and determined design scene in Cologne-Ehrenfeld. Before that, they learnt down-to-earth carpentry from scratch, studied design in London and Florence, and developed their distinctive style throughout the world. They have worked for companies including Siemens, VW, as independent designers and for various companies in China. The combination of traditional, regionally rooted craftsmanship, European-inspired design and the use of advanced technology are reflected in lasfera’s development of new ideas and products. The young team is strengthened by Anette Ehrenstein, who keeps track of international project requests and existing customers while maintaining a direct line to production.
As designers, they do not only design the product: they develop together with the craftsman the new product from the beginning to the end. All this has consequences for society and the environment – and therefore they consider all that when designing our products.
The 6 commandments of lasfera
- We want to contribute to conservation of natural resources. Therefore, we design our products from the beginning as sustainable and resource-efficient as possible.
- We want to make products that are durable in quality and style – because the most sustainable product is one that is not soon replaced by another.
- We want to contribute to preserving regional traditions and promote. Therefore, we use wherever possible on a regionally based craft traditions – preferably in Germany, but also globally.
- We want to offer products that earn the esteem and find their fair price, our customers are willing to pay – because of their design and quality craftsmanship, but also because of the story they tell.
- We are authentic in our work and in our businesses. We do what we do out of conviction and stand with our name behind it. And that’s why we make our actions and associated with our products processes as far as possible transparent.
- We also want to have the commercial partners who share our values. That’s why we only work with companies that can credibly convey the worthiness of our products and the stories behind them – both online and offline.
NEW in the lasfera collection: planted floorlamps SOPHIE PLANTED and CUBE PLANTED – for indoor and outdoor use. Perfect for hotels, lobbys, living, offices and for terraces.